Young carer website privacy statement
In managing the Young Carers Southern Tasmania website, Community Based Support South Inc makes every effort to adhere to or exceed the Privacy Guidelines developed by the Australian Privacy Commissioner (available at http://www.privacy.gov.au).
· All information taken is relevant to the running of CBS South Inc. Information required by law to be disclosed will be disclosed. Note:
- CBS collects personal, medical, support and account information in order to allocate services within budgets according to need and to tailor our services to meet those needs in a manner that is safe for our workforce. You have a right to know why your personal information is being collected.
- CBS is required to collect and report all referral and service provision data where the service is supplied from government grants.
- All other information relates to the provision of services, statistical reports and/or the changing of costs and/or fees.
· CBS endeavours to maintain accurate information and where possible, revises its data at least annually.
· All records are on a ‘need to know’ basis and are stored securely.
· Information on databases is available only by password.
· You may only access the personal information about you that is held by CBS at 5 normal working days notice.
· Only persons entitled by law may access your personal information.
· You may give consent for the sharing of referral and/or other information and revoke consent at any time.
· All members of staff sign a Secrecy Declaration as a condition of employment.
· If any links offered through the Young Carers Southern Tasmania website are used, then the policies of the organisation operating that linked site will apply to any information the member provides once they have entered that link. CBS South Inc is not responsible for the privacy or security of any such information.
· Tracking information will be collected as people use the Young Carers Southern Tasmania site. This information will be used to improve the site for market research purposes but not used to identify individual persons unless required for investigation or law enforcement purposes.
Breaches of this policy by staff may result in disciplinary action and/or legal proceedings.
QUERIES, CONCERNS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
If you have any queries, concerns or require further information relating to privacy and Community Based Support South Inc, you are invited to contact CBS by:
Telephone (03) 6208 6600